Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fun with Pocket Wizards

So, it's Wednesday night and what are we doing at the Scarsi household . . . ?  Trying out mom's new Pocket Wizard cable.   I got my Pocket Wizards so that I could go wireless in the studio. Recently, I got a request from Scarsi Clan to do a family portrait on Easter Sunday.  Yep, the whole dressed up, child laden posse.   So I started to think about how I could pull this off without having to buy another expensive piece of equipment (or hiring a monkey to hit the shutter release).   So I bought a motor drive cable for about  $90 and voila.   I can shoot and be in the family portrait too!!!  I love my Pocket Wizards and I want a few more of them.  Camera equipment is very much like shoes . . . you  never seem to have enough.  

Sophia was very impressed that she could fire the camera herself with the Wizard and thought it would be a great idea if she held one while Buddy (the slick little canine on the left) held the other.   She is quite the little creative director.  

No comments: