Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brothers & Uncles

It's funny . . . you can go your whole life picking up friends, lovers, business partners and spouses and even children, but your siblings will always be privy to a part of you that only they can know.  You grew up together.  You shared the experience of your first family.  It's a unique one and one you continue to learn about  your entire life.  This is my brother  . . . well, one of them.   I still call him Bobby but I don't think anyone else does.  He's a character and while I say that lovingly, he does follow a different drummer . . . and he's not shy about it.    He's a lot like our dad and every time I see him I rediscover some "Dadism" I'd forgotten about.  (Dad died in '91)   My kids adore him because he's so goofy with them.  He has spent the last dozen years in Asia travelling and teaching.   It's an interesting life and he certainly has some interesting stories to tell.  

No comments: