Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fishing Derby

I have to admit that I'm not much of a fisherman and neither is my husband.  We grew up in big cities where fish is served to you on a plate and you don't have any idea how it got from  flipping around in the water to grilled with a mango relish.  But somehow, we created a child who lives and breathes to fish.  He talks about it constantly, watches it on TV and whenever he can, organizes a fishing trip (and gets us to accompany him).   When I heard about the Fullerton Fishing Derby I rushed to sign us up.  What a wonderful idea I thought . . . to get families out for a day of fishing together in the warm Southern California sun.   So that is how we spent last Saturday . . . fishing and photographing.   I think it was just about a  perfect day.  

No comments: