Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mama's got a ring flash . . .

. . . Daddy can't sleep at night.   Remember that old song? (Squeeze Box)  OK, so it's really old.   I got a new ring flash and I just had to tear it out of the box and start shooting right away.   I bribed my resident model to do some quick posing for me.   For the non-photo geeks - a ring flash is a circle of  light that provides a soft even light on the subject.  It's very distinct lighting and it's really fun for a change of pace.  You see it in a lot of fashion mags.  It provides a soft shadow that seems to envelope the subject.   You can see it really well on the top images where my model is sitting near the background.   It also makes a ring of light in the catch light in the eyes which you can see if you enlarge an image or if the close up is extreme.   The bottom images were again just for fun and my little firecracker felt the need to jump for joy and for her country . . . of course.   Happy 4th of July!!!!  

No comments: